The Dukan Diet-Fascination or maybe Hype?

9:44 am

Hi there,

My sister has been dieting au cours du Dr. Dukan for about 9 weeks now and she altogether lost 8kg. The effects are so visible and she has really lost quite a bit of weight. I remember in August she introduced me to the "Dukan Diet" but I didn't believe it would work and shrugged it off as just another failed/doomed project of hers but AH AH AH: Seeing her last week really made me grip that, this "iish" works.

Since, I have been struggling with weight issues for quite a while now (almost 3 years) and been putting on more weight after loosing a bit, low control over what I eat, no motivation to work out, midnight snacks meals, etc. I decided that I should give this a try.So, what is this Dukan Diet all about? Basically, this diet allows you to eat as much as you want at any time of the day of 100 protein-based foods. The list is made by the nutritionist Pierre Dukan himself. Apparently, this is what the French have been doing for decades now to maintain and attain slim figures. I'm not so sure if that's really true but by going through his book: "The Dukan Diet" I have come to the conclusion, that it could work. The Diet is based on 4 different phases that should guide one on the process of loosing kg, water and fat: 


  1. Phase 1= Attack Phase
  2. Phase 2 = Cruise
  3. Phase 3 = Consolidation 
  4. Phase 4 = Stabilization (the life long phase)

What makes this diet so special, I believe, is the fact that one can eat as much as they want out of these 100 protein-based products and as this doesn't really sound like a "real" diet one assumes this would be easy-cheesy. However, it's quit interesting to see that after eating all the chicken you want :

a) you are either too full to have dinner
b) too disgusted by anymore meat
c)simply had enough of meat due to a) & b)
Proud like a Little Kid
Therefore, I think one of the many benefits/tricks of this diet may remain in loosing weight through a), b) and/or c), apart from the fact that one is hardly eating any carbs, calories or fat.

Today is my 5th day of Phase 1 and I'm feeling great. I really don't feel I'm missing too much, although giving those french fries yesterday a pass really made my heart bleed (I admit I had about 8 fries but I boldly rejected the other 67). So far so good. I lost 1kg (add yesterday's weighting) and I hope I can loose one more kg before I end Phase 1 and start Phase 2 on Friday.
Oat Bran Pancakes, picture by magpie dinner




Now, I'll be off to make my oat bran pancakes for breakfast :D
Yummy!

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images